Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Juice Recipe: Orange Spinach Basil Smoothie



This is a delicious and refreshing smoothie ideal for a breakfast pick me up.

I discovered this recipe on the wonderful YouTube Channel, Fully Raw by Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram . When I happened upon this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try and now,  I am officially hooked! I realize this is more of a summertime drink but that's OK with me! For me, this is a very refreshing, wonderful morning pick me up breakfast smoothie. 

I made three changes to this recipe, because this was a juice for one, I used 10oz of fresh squeezed orange juice and, 1/2 cup of spinach. I also added one whole lemon to the juice. I added the lemon simply because I enjoy lemon in my juices, I include them in almost every recipe!  Give this juice recipe a try, I think you will be hooked too! Let me know what you think!

From Fully Raw:
The Low Fat Raw Vegan Smoothie Recipe:
1 Pint of Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
1 Cup Fresh Spinach
Half to One Cup of Fresh Basil or Cilantro

Check out the full recipe demo below:


No comments: