Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Fitting Room Confessions

Dear designers,

Please design blazers for people with real arms!

Thank you!


I love blazers, jackets and sweaters. Love them!  For a number of reasons, one, in particular, they are a great way to camouflage stuff.  In my case, I am looking to camouflage my arms.  

This is not a self-hating body shaming post, I'm just not comfortable showing my arms.  They are two perfectly good arms, they do the job they were put there to do and...that's about it. I just happen to think they look really great inside a blazer or a jacket or something.  
Seriously, though I really love the way a blazer, jacket or cute sweater can change up or create a look.  I truly think these are among some of the best accessories created!

On a recent shopping trip, I was hoping to pick up a few cute blazers to add to my closet.

To say it was frustrating is an understatement. I need to know exactly WHO these designers are designing for?! Granted, I am in a weird space size-wise, I’m not plus size but I’m not "average" either (whatever average is).  Maybe, my arms are extra special and unique making them really hard to fit...or something.   *rolls eyes*

Exhibit one....


Super cute blazer.  It zips up and everything! SOOO cute! Now, notice my arm? It looks like it's inside a navy blue  sausage casing!
  Sigh.


Do you have a hard time finding clothes that fit in all the right places?
Do you have favorite designers that always get it right for your body type? Please share in the comments! 


No comments: