Friday, January 4, 2013

Apples and Almond Butter


When people find out I'm not only a Vegan but, about 70% of my diet is Raw Vegan, they have a million questions and comments. One question: What do you eat "raw"? I also often hear comments like, I can't do that, it’s too complicated it takes too long. Well, here is an example of something a raw vegan might eat as a snack or part of a meal. And it’s not complicated and does not take long at all! 

You ready?! 

Recipe: 

Sliced organic apples with raw almond butter
.





Raw almond butter simply means its fresh made, not pre-packaged. Yes, you can make almond butter, peanut butter, and any nut butter yourself! I make mine at my local organic market they have a machine right on the premises, I pour in the almonds and creamy, gooey almond butter comes flowing out! :)  You can also make your own nut butters using a food processor or blender right at home.


 Try it! It's yum!

#ChristineInProgress


No comments: